1. Fleas can jump a whopping 200 times their height. That would be the same as a man jumping over the Empire State Building.
2. Hummingbirds are the only bird that can actually fly backwards.
3. Dogs’ noses have unique prints that can be used to identify them, just like human fingerprints.
4. Tigers not only have stripes on their fur but they also have stripes on their skin.
5. Millions of trees are accidentally planted by squirrels that bury nuts and forget where they hid them.
6. There are about 50,000 spiders per acre in green areas.
7. Oysters can actually change their gender depending on which is best for mating.
8. Bats are the only mammals on earth that can fly.
9. Elephants can smell water up to 3 miles away. They also are 1 of 3 mammals that go through menopause (the other 2 being humans and whales).
10. Cats have 32 muscles in each ear. They can move each ear independently of each other.
11. Koala bears usually only eat eucalyptus leaves. Its very rare that they eat anything else.
12. You can tell a turtles gender by the noises that it makes. If it grunts its a male and if it hisses its a female.
13. Snails can grow back new eyes if it happens to lose one.
14. If you need to escape the grip of a crocodile, push your thumb into its eyeball… it was let you go instantly. This is probably true with almost any other animal as well.
15. There are over one million ants for each human in the world. They also do not posses lungs and do not sleep!
16. There are hundreds of stray cats living on the Hawaain islands. They help keep the rat population under control.
17. Bunnies bond in pairs and become life mates. This means that two bunnies will be partners for life.